The SDSU McNair Scholars Program is an innovative program that prepares talented students in the pursuit of doctoral study and careers in higher education. Twenty-five scholars are selected to receive stipends to conduct research with university faculty mentors, write research papers and present their work to professors and peers at regional and national conferences.
- A participant must meet the following requirements before becoming a McNair Scholar:
- Low income as defined by the US Department of Education
- First generation to college (where neither parent completed a four year degree) and/or
- From an underrepresented group in graduate education (African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American and Alaskan, other Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian)
- Should have a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Completion of at least 60 units SDSU
- Undergraduate US Citizen or permanent US resident In pursuit of a Ph.D.
For more information: http://www.sci.sdsu.edu/mcnair/program.html