The HSF/Marathon Oil Corporation College Scholarship Program is a scholarship of up to $15,000 per year. Selected students may receive up to $15,000 for two academic years for a possible total award of $30,000.
In addition, scholars will be offered the opportunity to participate in a possible paid 8-10 week summer internship at various Marathon Oil Corporation locations. Scholars will also be paired with a Marathon Oil Corporation employee who will serve as a professional mentor.
- Be of Hispanic American, African American, Asian Pacific Islander American, or American Indian/Alaskan Native heritage.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States with a valid Social Security Number at the time of application. All legal permanent residents must submit a copy of their valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Be a current Sophomore majoring in Accounting, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geology/Geosciences, Information Technology (IT/MIS), Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Supply Chain Management (Management).
- Or be a current Senior planning to enroll in a Master’s degree program in Geology, Geophysics or Petroleum Engineering.
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA
DEADLINE NOVEMBER 1st