The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships to students majoring in disciplines related to oceanic and atmospheric science, research, or technology, and supportive of the purposes of NOAA’s programs and mission, e.g., biological, social and physical sciences; mathematics; engineering; and computer and information sciences.
Undergraduate Scholarships (for students who are currently sophomores):
• Educational Partnership Program Undergraduate Scholarship: http://www.epp.noaa.gov
Application Period: September 2011 through February 17, 2012
• Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship Program: http://www.oesd.noaa.gov/Hollings_info.html
Application Period: September 2011 through January 6, 2012
Graduate Scholarships (for seniors who are applying to graduate school and current graduate students):
• Graduate Sciences Program: http://www.epp.noaa.gov
Application Period: September 2011 through January 31, 2012
• Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program: http://www.fosterscholars.noaa.gov
Application Period: September 2011 through February 10, 2012
Eligibility requirements are:
• US Citizenship
• 3.0 GPA
• Studying a NOAA science: atmospheric science, biology, cartography, chemistry, computer science, engineering, environmental science, geodesy, geography, marine science, mathematics, meteorology, oceanography, physical science, photogrammetry, physics, etc.