The RayBEN (Raytheon Black Employee Network) STEM Scholarship is designed to
support graduating high school seniors who are pursing a college education
in the area of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM).
Scholarship awards for the 2011-2012 school year is at a minimum of $500.00.
Scholarship recipients will be announced on May 4, 2012.
How to Qualify:
* Applicant must be a 2012 graduating high school senior
* Applicants must provide official high school transcript(s) that
indicates a 2.8 GPA or higher.
How to Apply:
* Write a two page (max of 500 words) essay response to;_
“Define how a college degree in a STEM discipline will help to define
your goals and ambitions in life” (The essay will be judged on content,
spelling, grammar, neatness and originality)._
* Essays submitted must include: contestant’s name, home address,
telephone number, school the student attends, and title of the essay.
* Essays should have 1′ margins, 12 point font and be double spaced.
* One Letter of Recommendation required. Letter must be typed, signed,
dated, and from individuals not related to applicants.
Completed applications must be submitted to the address below prior to the
deadline. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Scholarship recipients will be announced on _May 4, 2012_.
Where to Send:
Application packet must be postmarked by April 27, 2012 and mailed to the
_RayBEN STEM Scholarship
Attn: Marcus Hopkins
8680 Balboa Ave
San Diego, CA 92123_
Application Postmark Deadline is April 27, 2012
If you have any questions regarding this scholarship, contact Mr. Hopkins at
858.522.2879 or email@example.com