Material Engineer ( Entry Level )
Hamilton Sundstrand is among the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products. We design and manufacture aerospace systems for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft and are a major supplier for international space programs. Our industrial products serve industries ranging from hydrocarbon, chemical and food processing to construction and mining.
Work within a small materials and processes engineering group that provides support to design, producability, manufacturing, test, repair and quality organizations. Primary products include auxiliary power units and fans for aircraft use. Specific work activities are expected to include:
– Failure analysis of components including hands-on laboratory analysis.
– Evaluation of manufacturing and repair processes
– Materials engineering design support
– Materials characterization
– Work to eliminate hazardous materials within the product and manufacturing processes
– Operate within HS M&P Standard Work
– Develop UTC (`3 (`8ACE(`9 operating skills, including Mistake Proofing, QCPC, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Market Feedback and Relentless Root Cause analysis. Participate in ACE events.
BS in materials engineering, or equivalent, required, MS preferred
– New graduate to five years of experience in material and processes engineering is preferred.
– Experience with gas turbine engine materials and processes desired.
– Hands-on materials laboratory skills, applicable to failure analysis and material characterization, are expected.
– Statistical analysis skills are beneficial
– English language fluency, including excellent report writing skills is imperative.
Excellent interpersonal skills are required. There will be extensive internal customer contact and occasional external customer contact to define, coordinate and report work results.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are in the MESA program at San Diego State University – please alert email@example.com or 619-594-2680 or see me at SDSU Engineering E208 or E210, if you’ve applied or accepted this position. Thank you.