Learn the culture, history and traditions of New Orleans. Understand the cultural significance of this great city. Experience the rebuilding process of what Katrina left behind seven years ago.
Saturday, March 30, 2013 – Sunday, April 7, 2013
Join us as we visit and immerse ourselves in one of the country’s most unique cities. We will experience a plethora of cultures and witness the economic and structural reconstruction of the city.
Included in the Package:
- Transportation from St. Louis Armstrong Intl. Airport to Hotel in New Orleans, LA
- 8 Night/9 Day Hotel Accommodations
- Breakfast each morning
- Walking Tours of Historic French Quarter with Guided Tour
- Greater New Orleans Sightseeing Tour with Transportation and Guided Tour
- Cajun Swamp Adventure Guided Tour
- Louisiana Plantations Guided Tours
- Restoration Project with transportation
PRICING PER PERSON
Double: $999 per person/Full Pkg with (2) people per room
Single: $1588 per person/Full Pkg with (1) person per room
Initial Deposit due February 1, 2013: $500
Final payment due March 1, 2013 (amount depends on package selected)
Please drop off and make checks payable to the Office of Intercultural Relations by the due date.
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE
Students interested in the trip do not need to be enrolled in the Cultural Competency Certificate Program. However, you will need to attend several meetings during February and March to get a fundamental knowledge of New Orleans and the purpose of our cultural trip.
If you have any concerns please do not hesitate in contacting Freddie Sanchez, Department Coordinator at (619) 594-7056.
Note: Flight is not included. Students are expected to provide their own flight arrangements. Students are expected to arrive on Saturday, March 30, 2013.