The National Hispana leadership Institute (NHLI) invites you to participate in the only National Leadership Program for Latina College –aged women.
NHLI’s Latinas Learning to Lead Program promotes and fosters the development of young college-age Latina leaders through training, mentoring opportunities, access to national networks and tools to create a community impact through their leadership projects.
- Attend a one-week leadership training in Washington, D.C. (July 21-27, 2013)
- Participate in NHLI’s Job Shadowing and Coaching Program and pairing with an NHLI alumna
- Implement a leadership project that emphasizes driving safety in their communities
- Join a nationwide network of Latina leaders
- Be 18-24 years of age and currently enrolled in college
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- A minimum of 30 semester college credits by May 2013 and not graduating before December 2013
- Demonstrate strong leadership as indicated by on campus and community volunteer and civic engagement
- Agree to complete a leadership project focused on driving safety in their college campus by the end of the 2013 fall semester
- Must have a valid government issued ID for travel
All round trip airline travel and room and board costs are covered with the support of sponsors. There is a $250 tuition to participate in the program.
For more information please visit our website. Apply Today!