Engineering and science students and professionals from the San Diego region gathered at Raytheon Company for the 2009-2010 San Diego Region Joint Planning Conference for Engineering and Science Chapters, on Friday, August 7, 2009, held from 8:00 – 4:00 PM.
This exceptional event assembled a “who’s who” gathering of student and professional chapters from engineering and science organizations, including:
- > NSBE: National Society of Black Engineers
- > PASE: Pacific Asian Society of Engineers
- > SHPE: Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- > SWE: Society of Women Engineers
- > BSSO: Black Student Science Organization
- > AMSA: American Medical Student Association
- > SACNAS: Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science
- > Earth Science Club
In addition, the following schools were represented:
- > Universities: San Diego State University, University of California – San Diego, University of San Diego
- > Community Colleges: San Diego City College, Southwestern
This unique conference is expected to enhance the professional development of tomorrow’s leaders. The purpose of the conference was to improve chapter effectiveness, improve communication between stakeholders – students, industry and MESA staff, and promote leadership development. The conference addressed chapter basics, joint planning, community college-university-industry relationships, ethics, and leadership training.
Conference participants also received a 2009-2010 Master Calendar and 2009-2010 Who’s Who Roster. The Master Calendar included key chapter-related dates for local, regional and national events. The Who’s Who roster included contact information for chapter officers in all participating chapters.
The San Diego MESA Alliance is very grateful to Raytheon Company for hosting this event and supporting our MESA students.