The UCSD Hughes Scholars
Community College Student
Summer Research Program
Program Duration: 21 June to 27 August 2010
Program Stipend: $2,000 (includes free GRE Prep course)
· Full-time, paid summer research experience working under a Faculty-Mentor in a UCSD academic lab or in local biotech firms.
· Matched with a UCSD Faculty or local biotech/biomedical firm who will help design and supervise each student’s project.
· Requires a 40 hour/week time commitment from participants for the entire program period.
· Requires one letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
· Available to community college students majoring in bio-related fields (biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, etc), who have taken at least one lab-based biology and one lab-based chemistry class before summer 2010.
· APPLY ONLINE at: http://hsp.ucsd.edu/college/srp.php (Note: you must create an account in order to access the application!)
January 31, 2010