PIBS is hosting its annual Fall Preview Event, October 6-8, 2011. We hope you will help spread the word and encourage your top students to apply. This is a great opportunity for your students to preview what we have to offer them for graduate training and student life.
• an all-expense-paid visit for selected participants
• activities and workshops on applying and attending graduate school at UM including the PIBS Fall Open House on October 8
• one-on-one and group interactions with faculty
• networking with current graduate students and peers from across the country
• tour of campus, facilities and the city of Ann Arbor
Application deadline: 8/15/11
(Application opens mid-May)
Explore more information about PIBS Preview online. Competitive candidates will possess extensive research experience, two letters of recommendation, plans to pursue a PhD (particularly starting fall 2012 for PIBS or 2013 for the combined MD/PhD program) and a background that contributes to diversity in the biomedical sciences at Michigan. Students from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, low-income family backgrounds, first-generation U.S. citizens, and first-generation college students are especially encouraged to apply.