Energy Efficiency Internship $11/hour
The Alliance to Save Energy seeks a student for the position of Green Campus Program Intern at San Diego State!
The Alliance to Save Energy’s Green Campus Program is a student-led initiative that educates the campus community on energy efficiency; achieves energy savings; and encourages the next generation of energy efficiency professionals by:
• Building pathways to green career development through trainings, mentorships, internships, volunteer opportunities, and project-based learning;
• Realizing measurable energy savings through research into and implementation of energy efficiency best practices, educational campaigns, and facilitation of retrofits;
• Infusing energy and energy efficiency concepts into academic curricula and for-credit opportunities;
• Promoting energy efficiency through educational outreach campaigns.
The successful candidate will complete a team of student interns within the Green Campus Program at SDSU, and will support the implementation of all team projects while also developing his/her own specific objectives through ongoing consultation with Program staff and SDSU stakeholders (including faculty, staff and administrators).
Interns work approximately 8-10 hours per week at $11 per hour and are expected to coordinate campus-based energy efficiency and workforce development projects, attend weekly meetings and participate in team administration.
The position starts immediately once hired and will continue through the 2012-2013 academic year and potentially beyond. Candidates who are interested in a year-long or longer position will be favored. The program is active during the summer and interns can work during this time. Additionally, interns are expected to attend the 2012 California Higher Education Sustainability Conference from June 18-21, which will be held at UC Davis. Registration, transportation, and lodging will be covered by the Alliance to Save Energy.
o Be currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate students
o Possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
o Be an organized self starter, and have excellent time management skills.
o Be comfortable with the basic functions of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
o Have leadership and teamwork experience.
o Experience or interest in energy efficiency concepts
o Specialized skills such as:
– Engineering or technical knowledge
– Graphic design, newsletter design, web design, or editing skills
– Data analysis
– Teaching experience
– Strong communication: writing and public speaking
– Managing budgets
o Familiarity / previous working relationship with various student groups and organizations
o Familiarity / previous working relationship with campus staff and administrators.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter, and one writing sample to Meghan Kearns at: email@example.com and be sure to Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be due by Friday, April 20th at midnight. On-campus interviews will take place April 29th & 30th.