Assigned to Network LAN, CO and RF Product Design and Manufacturing Team, this position provides process and New Product Introduction (NPI) support for the development, design, testing, launch and sustaining of LAN, CO and RF components. It will include the research and development of new processes as well as improving and sustaining of existing processes. The processes may include automation, tooling, fixtures, test software, test fixtures, and solving process problems related to design and manufacturing methods. This role will include day to day support at both a local facility and an offshore high volume manufacturing facility.
EDUCATION: A four-year college degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronics or similar.
|Senior Process Engineer
||5+ years of process engineering experience
- “Hands-On” experience in PCB assembly, soldering -hand/wave/reflow, connectors, wiring, cabling, telecom, plastics, metal stamping & plating.
- Working knowledge of high performance PCB laminate materials and PCB laminate manufacturing
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI), Process Design and Project Management
- Experience with Telecom, RF, Ethernet, data and power standards in Networked components and product.
- Experience developing work plans and work procedures for high volume manufacturing lines.
- Experience providing Technical and maintenance (PM) support on critical equipment and processes
- Experience designing and programming automated test equipment and software in PC environment
- Experience in standardizing production processes and line balancing
- Expert with process analysis utilizing such tools as SPC, FMEA, C&E, Gage R&R, CpK, Six Sigma, DOE
- Expert “know how” with process documentation in an ISO 9000 high volume manufacturing facility.
- Ability to create process flow diagrams, read electrical and mechanical drawings
- Ability to conceptualize and create drawings for process flow and process layout in ACAD or similar.
- Intermediate to advanced level with MS-Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, MS-Project, SharePoint VB or similar.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills. Good planning and organizational skills. Must be self motivated and work well in a team environment.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel, domestic and abroad, up to 20% of the time.
- Experience with high volume manufacturing of component products.
- Experience working at and/or with Asia-based manufacturing facilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of ability to follow up and follow through on time sensitive projects
- High level of organizational skills
- Team Player, flexible and quick learner
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or similar
- Strong quality background
- Experience working with process simulation software
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES
- Drive continuous improvement by developing and implementing systems that optimize all phases of the production process; be actively involved in the development and implementation of new products and existing products.
- Provide technical inputs for incident investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Attend program, staff, company, design review and group meetings.
- Prepare documentation such as failure analysis, Pareto charts, Scatter charts, process flow diagrams, drawings and ECN’s.
- Meet project budgets and deadlines