|Senior Test Engineer||San Diego, CA|
|Benefits:||Whether you are considering a career move or looking for your first job, we understand that you will weigh the rewards and benefits a company has to offer. Pulse offers a wide variety of benefits, services, and programs designed to make it easier and more convenient for you to manage the challenging task of juggling work and everyday life. While benefits vary by location, we are committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive package that is industry-competitive in where we operate.
A Test Engineer with Electrical/Electronic Engineering Degree and a minimum of 5 years practical experience developing test solutions for high volume products. The candidate must have strong electrical background and also have excellent mechanical understanding to work alongside the automation team.
The Test Engineer for automation will be required to develop test solutions in San Diego. This involves design, build and verification of test systems for new product introductions (NPI’s) intended for Pulse’s overseas manufacturing facilities. In addition, the candidate will also be required to continually improve and support the extensive range of existing LAN, RF/Cable and CO/CPE Telecom products inclusive to Network Division. Integrating preventive maintenance programs and performing audits of QA standards test.
The applicant should have an excellent understanding of Analog Electronic principals and problem solving debug/techniques. A proven track of automated test; familiar with the fundamentals of ICT, functional and AOI test processes. Test equipment includes Vector and Impedance Network Analyzers, Precision LCR meters and high performance Digital Multi-meters. Software experience including Agilent VEE, National Instruments Labview, GPIB (IEEE 488), SICL/VISA I/O Libraries, Visual Basic and Visual C/C+ would be a significant advantage.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
This position includes the following duties and responsibilities:
– Perform comprehensive electrical testing of prototypes and finished goods to industry standards
– Design, build and validate new test equipment and fixtures as required
– Ability to setup and perform system level testing
– Coordinate closely with Design, Manufacturing, Process and Quality teams
– Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment on multiple projects
– Comfortable with handling projects that utilize external vendors and sub-contractors
– Standardized and expand the automation test framework in Pulse overseas facilities.
– Document drawings and procedures using Solidworks/AutoCAD.
– Present test reports and include statistical analysis of test data.
– Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills in English
– Must be willing to travel to other Pulse facilities, both domestic and overseas
Senior Test Engineering opening
Published in Employment