The Dwight Look College of Engineering at Texas A&M University invites students from your program to apply for the 2013 Undergraduate Summer Research Grant (USRG) Program. During this summer research experience, participants work closely with faculty members on current or individual research projects, attend development and GRE workshops, make a formal poster presentation of their research experience, and submit a final written report describing the results of their research.
Additional information and the application can be found at http://essap.tamu.edu/usrg.
Deadline: Monday, February 11, 2013.
1. Interest in and a desire to actively participate in ongoing or individual research projects
2. Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA (those who fall below will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
3. Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
4. Major in engineering or related science or math curriculum
5. Completed sophomore year (at least 60 hours) by the end of Spring 2013 (exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis)
6. Plan to graduate no sooner than December 2013
Each participant will receive a $5,000 scholarship for support during the ten weeks. The program will also pay tuition and fees for one credit hour of a required independent study/research; provide housing; and pay up to $400 for travel expenses for non-TAMU participants.
If you or your students have any questions about the program or application process, please contact Matthew Pariyothorn at email@example.com or 979-845-7200.