The University Honors Program (UHP) seeks a highly motivated, talented, and experienced Academic Advisor to work with new and continuing students in science and engineering disciplines.
- Master’s degree.
- At least one year advising and/or teaching in a four-year higher education institution.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, planning, and implementing advising activities and knowledge of best practices in advising.
- Interest in working with high-ability studentsin science and engineering.
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills, team-building and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work tactfully and effectively with faculty, staff and students and to use sound judgment under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Experience with or exposure to diverse populations.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- Experience advising and/or teaching, mentoring honors or high-ability college students.
- Two or more years academic advising experience in a research university setting.
- Background in science and engineering.
A full description of the position (requisition #184491), including job duties and responsibilities, and application instructions are located on the University of Minnesotas Employment page at employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=111324