Technology, policy and social change move ever faster. U.S. News STEM Solutions 2015 offered a much-needed opportunity to stop and recognize the breakthroughs in STEM that are emerging from every corner of society right now. At this National Leadership Conference, the brightest minds in business, academia and government illuminated a path towards new, self-sustaining ways to teach, inspire and hire a workforce that includes women, minorities, disadvantaged youth, veterans and all of tomorrow’s aspiring STEM professionals.
View the session recaps and archived videos here.
The San Diego MESA Alliance was represented. The conference was sponsored by U.S. News & World Report. Here are several STEM related items that may be of interest:
- 2015 STEM Index Shows Gender, Racial Gaps Widen: The 2015 U.S. News/Raytheon STEM Index shows that despite an uptick in hiring overall, many women and most minorities are still being left behind
- 2015 U.S. News/Raytheon STEM Index: The annual index measures science, technology, engineering and mathematics activity in the U.S. The updated index includes interactive graphs about STEM employment, education and more.
- Op-ed: Build a Diverse STEM Workforce: Diversity – and diversity of thought – are the sparks that ignite the fire of innovation that drives our place in the international economy and boosts our national security
- A Parent’s Guide to STEM: 100-page guidebook provides “everything you need to know to help your child get inspired, succeed in school and map a path forward in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) fields”
- “Best High Schools” Rankings by State
MESA strives to engage, educate and empower the next generation of STEM professionals. Here are links to our MESA reference materials that were presented at the STEM Solutions conference:
- Pipeline – our MESA Alliance serves over 2,000 students annually from traditionally underrepresented populations in a “pipeline” across pre-college, community college, and university levels
- Proven strategies – we employ proven strategies to increase diversity in STEM fields, including graduate school
- Industry and education partners – our success, especially with the professional development of students, is greatly dependent on the support of our partners
Photo album taken by San Diego MESA Alliance and U.S. News STEM Solutions official photographer can be found here.