Solar Turbines will be hosting a Training Academy on Friday, October 14 for San Diego State University MESA program students. The Training Academy is a beneficial opportunity for MESA students to gain real world engineering experience by:
- Learning about the engineering technologies Solar Turbines applies to their Turbomachinery products
- Networking with Solar Turbines managers and recently hired engineers
- Honing interview skills through mock interviews
- Showcasing what you have learned in a case-study project group presentation at the end of the day
Student eligibility requirements:
- U.S. or Permanent Resident (a government issued photo I.D. will be required)
- 2.7+ GPA
- Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering major
- Jr/Sr class level
- 18+ years old
- Current SDSU MESA program student
Please consider the following before you sign-up for consideration:
- You will miss the entire day of classes (the event will be from 8:30-4:30 pm, not including check-in and traffic/travel time). You’ll need to check your class syllabus and contact your Professors about missing class and any homework.
- If you are employed, you might miss work. When appropriate, alert your job supervisor and make the proper arrangements.
- Students will be required to show a government issued photo I.D., provide a resume, and sign a confidentiality and media release form.
- The dress attire for the event will be business casual, with long pants and closed-toe shoes required.
- This date conflicts with the MESA Student Leadership Conference and the SACNAS Conference, if you are attending either of those events.
There are spots for 12 MESA students to attend. If interested, please reply to Eric Pamintuan with:
- Your resume (make sure your SDSU MESA affiliation is clearly listed)
- If you would be willing to drive other students (check-in would be at SDSU)
- If willing to drive, how many passengers can you accommodate
- Why you want to attend (just a few sentences)