Sallie Mae Fund Unmet Need Scholarship Program
Applications are accepted until May 31, 2008.
Students from low-income families can get additional financial assistance through this scholarship from The Sallie Mae Fund, a charitable organization sponsored by Sallie Mae. The Sallie Mae Fund Unmet Need Scholarship will supplement financial aid packages for low-income students by providing funds to cover financial need not met through typical financial aid channels including grants, work-study, loans and other scholarships.
· The scholarship will supplement the financial aid package – not substitute for aid – received from an institution.
· Scholarship awards, ranging from $1,000 to $3,800, will be made payable to the school on behalf of the student and are intended to supplement, rather than substitute for, aid received from an institution.
Student applicants must:
· Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
· Demonstrate unmet financial need of more than $1,000 after the financial aid package has been determined
· Have a family adjusted gross income of $30,000 or less
· Be a high school senior or graduate planning to enroll or a student already enrolled in a full-time* undergraduate
course of study at an accredited postsecondary institution
· Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent.
Application and Process:
Eligible students must submit a completed application, Student Aid Report (or Institutional Student Information Report), Financial Award Letter, and transcript of grades to Scholarship America by postmark deadline May 31, 2008 to be considered for The Sallie Mae Fund Unmet Need Scholarship Program. Not all eligible applicants will receive an award. Applications for The Sallie Mae Fund Unmet Need Scholarship Program and more information on the Sallie Mae Fund’s initiative can be found at www.salliemaefund.org.